Public Health England (PHE) is the body through whom all of the latest guidance and information is being produced and distributed. Schools have been advised to include links to the resources rather than producing their own or downloading information produced by others. This means that the latest information will be available through the links rather than schools needing to update already downloaded information as and when new information becomes available.
There are links to the latest resources guidance and advice contained at https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a strain of coronavirus first identified in Wuhan City China in December 2019.
Read the latest information about the situation in the UK, along with guidance for what to do if you think you’re at risk:
- Go to NHSUK/coronavirus for information about the virus and how to protect yourself.
- Use the 111 online coronavirus service to check if you need medical help.
- The government has published its coronavirus action plan and expanded its public information campaign.
- Number of UK cases and latest test figures.
- Read Public Health England’s blog posts about its response to coronavirus and how it uses contact tracing to prevent the spread of infection.
Government Coronavirus action plan
The action plan can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-action-plan
The document includes:
- what we know about the virus and the disease it causes
- how we have planned for an infectious disease outbreak, such as the current coronavirus outbreak
- the actions we have taken so far in response to the current coronavirus outbreak
- what we are planning to do next, depending upon the course the current coronavirus outbreak takes
- the role the public can play in supporting this response, now and in the future
Current advice remains in place: No school should close in response to a suspected (or confirmed) COVID-19 case unless advised to do so by Public Health England.
The importance of hygiene
Personal hygiene is the most important way we can tackle COVID-19, especially washing hands more; and the catch it, bin it, kill it strategy for those with coughs and sneezes.
Please help us in sharing simple and effective hand hygiene messages.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline
Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
Where to find the latest information
Updates on COVID-19: