Sports Premium Allocation
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is providing additional funding of over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools. Moorfield will receive an estimated £20,090 for 2023/24 (sent in two instalments throughout the academic year) and have brought forward £4297 from 2022/23.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
From September 2013, schools have been held to account over how they decide to spend their additional, ring-fenced funding. Ofsted will strengthen the coverage of PE and sport within the ‘Inspectors’ Handbook’ and supporting guidance so that both schools and inspectors know how sport and PE will be assessed in future as part of the school’s overall provision.
Schools will also be required to include details of their provision of PE and sport on their website, alongside details of their broader curriculum, so that parents can compare sports provisions between schools, both within and beyond the school day.
How are we using the funding to benefit our pupils this academic year?
We have allocated the funding in a number of ways at Moorfield:
- Employed a Specialist PE Coach/Teacher (two days per week)
- Professional development opportunities for all teaching staff and the PE Lead
- Developing young sports leaders through the ‘Playground Leaders’ programme at break times and lunch times
- Develop intra-school competitions
- Delivering various after school clubs
- Access to links with other schools for inter-school competitions
- Providing cover to release staff for professional development opportunities in PE and sport
- Subscribed to the Stockport School Sports Partnership for full membership and website for booking competitions
- Subsidising after school club external providers to support delivery and CPD
- Supply staff cover for PE Leader
- TA First Aid cover for after school clubs and sporting events
- Contribution towards educational visits and events during National School Sports Week
- Transport to and from competitions
- Equipment and teaching resources